Secrets on the Lake
207 Narrows Road, Montville
The Sunny Coast’s best kept Secret… Secrets on the Lake world-class treehouse retreat is designed to offer you the perfect opportunity for romance, relaxation, and the very best in intimate accommodation. Secrets iconic Dining on the Deck daytime licensed restaurant and ten unique hand carved treehouses all nestle high in the lush rainforest canopy on the shores of magnificent Lake Baroon, each with stunning views overlooking the lake, magical elevated walkways, exquisite carvings and artistic details.
Secrets also caters for wedding receptions and has exquisite wedding venues in stunning garden rockpool settings, rustic and rainforest settings, or waterfront, jetty and lake house settings.
From the moment you arrive at Secrets, you discover a loving attention to detail everywhere you look – beautiful carved furniture, delicate forged ironwork, handmade pottery, leadlight windows and many other finishing touches handcrafted by local artists. Secrets on the Lake perfectly complements the unspoilt environment and ancient rainforest. This intimate connection with nature is enhanced by the incredible food prepared in-house by top chef Mat Law and his talented team in the award-winning Dining on the Deck which can cater for intimate meals for two up to groups of 80 guests.
Experience truly beautiful accommodation, the Secrets Art Gallery, breathtaking Dining on the Deck, and stunning garden and lakehouse wedding venues. Secrets on the Lake has been featured on national television as the perfect romantic escape for couples. Secrets have designed competitive packages for all occasions or you can tailor your stay with luxury extras to suit your special needs.
- Situated right on the shores of Lake Baroon and adjoining Obi Obi Gorge and The Great Walk.
- Reception open from 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week.
- Restaurant hours are Tuesday to Sunday 8:30am to 4pm, excluding some public holidays.
- You can relax and retreat, canoe, bushwalk, visit other local iconic destinations, or shop in Montville.
- At 30 mins from the coast, 40 minutes from Maroochydore Airport and just over an hour from Brisbane, this secret is perfect for day trippers and bucketlisters alike! Drop in and find out why...
We have a large variety of different accommodation options available… from our secluded luxury treehouse cabins designed and created especially for couples on a romantic getaway, through to our penthouse treehouses, and ‘The Nest” and ‘The Whistle Stop’ heritage cabin options which offer more space and beds for larger groups. ‘The Whistle Stop’ is set in its own private gardens and does not have a lake view or come standard with a breakfast basket.
- Double spa bath with a lake view
- Double shower with glass front and heater lights
- Gas fired BBQ and outdoor table setting
- Unique themed leadlight, wrought iron work and pottery features
- Unique built-in double swing seat on a large private deck with a lake view
- Private undercover parking
- Complimentary breakfast basket with choice of wine and welcome scones on arrival
- Choice croissants or muffins delivered each morning to your cabin
- Fireplace in luxury treehouses and WhistleStop
- Hanging fire place in penthouse treehouses
- Hand carved Queen sized bed by Jack Wilms
- WiFi, TV, DVD and CD player plus access to our DVD library
- Access to all of our facilities including canoes and fishing gear
Dining at Secrets
Secrets Dining on the Deck is a truly special dining experience. Tucked away in the lush rainforest right on the foreshores of magnificent Lake Baroon in Montville on the Sunshine Coast hinterland, we offer our patrons panoramic views of the water, mountains and rainforest. Dining on the Deck has a fully licensed bar and is open 6 days a week serving breakfast from 8:30 am, delicious lunches from 11am, and until 4pm for an indulgent champers, high tea, coffee or sample our melt-in-your-mouth sweets. We have a large array of Gluten Free and other dietary options, and some great group packages available. We specialise in large groups up to 80 people. Come and celebrate each other or your special occasion with us.
Closed Mondays and some public holidays. Bookings are strongly advised, particularly on weekends.
Say ‘I do’ at Secrets
Secrets on the Lake allows you and your partner to make the choices. You choose the perfect time, the perfect season, the perfect cabin... with rustic, waterfront, and rainforest settings available you can be sure we also have the perfect location for your vows. Secrets Garden venue has a stunning lake backdrop with magnificent bridges, decks, rockpools and waterfalls... perfect for mingling after a truly memorable ceremony. Or choose the Lakehouse as your charmingly converted chapel. Photo opportunities abound, with stunning gardens, private jetty, lush rainforest boardwalks, and our rustic woodshed. Choose a daytime garden Lakehouse reception, or night reception at Secrets iconic Dining on the Deck restaurant and cafe.
Our Wedding team help to design your dream wedding... from elopements to fully hosted weddings & receptions for up to 80 people. We invite you to visit or call us to inspect our facilities. Why not arrange a lunchtime tour to sample our incredible food.